It turned out to be such a nice evening, as David and Cindy took me out to dinner to entertain me in Clem's absence, and then Chris came by for a visit at the coach! We had fun chatting and awaiting the big storm that my phone kept announcing! It had beeped all day warning of storms in Florida, then spent the evening beeping about one approaching here! Cool app.....would not let you sleep through a storm for sure! The day dawned gray again, after heavy rains last night. I decided to take a walk, and surprised that it was actually warm, decided to look up nearby hiking trails for a longer walk with the camera. I have a cool app on my phone for that! Surprised? Anyway, the hiking app showed some that were about 1/2 hour away, but a search on the internet turned up one in the same town, which turned out to be a stone's throw away. Problem was, it took me nearly half an hour to FIND it!! Probably why it is not listed on the app!!
The trail followed an old stage coach line, where you can see marks in the rocks from the heavy coaches, and led to overlook rock, the highest point in the town, with an elevation gain of 200+ft. While that seems like very little to my Portland hiking buddies, with whom I have done 1000 ft gain and more, it is huge by Florida standards! A nice warmup to getting back to hiking! A few birds chirped, and chipmunks scattered, but not many photos. A lovely hike in the woods just the same.
![]() |
| mountain laurel |
![]() |
| have to admit I did not see the spider hiding when I shot this |


Carol, you stayed overnight alone?!!! YOU ARE DEFINITELY A STRONG WOMAN. I want to be like you when I grow up.
ReplyDeleteAnd everything you do sounds so wonderful and interesting. I did see the spider in the picture.
And now folks---the 64 Million Dollar Question!!
ReplyDeleteCarol--What is the composition of igneous rocks?
Tick Toc Tick Toc-----
N~