Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Warm Spring Ranch,MO, home of the Clydesdales




Last night was to be a stop over, and hit the road again to make some time.  I went for a walk this morning, and a gentleman came out of the office and saw me and asked where I was from, and I learned in chatting with him that he was going to Warm Springs Farm, the breeding facility for the Budweiser Clydesdales,  to take a tour!  Well, I hadn't read about that anywhere!  So I looked it up, and turns out the facility is only 5 years old, and the tours even newer.  We were fortunate enough  to book a tour for this afternoon, so decided to spend another night and do that.  Well, it turned out to be an amazing tour, and we were so happy to have changed our plans.  Our tour guides were great, the horses were magnificent, the farm beautiful.....and they gave the adults a beer!  What more could you ask for on a beautiful warm afternoon?  Fascinating routine to breed the perfect wagon horses, and  one of the handlers told me when I asked him a few questions after the tour,  that he would like to come back as a Budweiser Clydesdale!  That is how well they are treated.

getting a bath

these are really big horses!

















No comments:

Post a Comment