Sunday, June 3, 2012

Fun folks

This seriously colorful RV parked next to us on Friday.  The tow car was a mini cooper convertible, purple, with the orange curving stripe!  SO cute!!  I wish I had gotten a photo of not only the car, but its driver, as he soon emerged in full cowboy getup, complete with fringed jacket and 10 gallon hat!  Another cowboy soon joined him, and they took off in the convertible.  I finally found out today that they come every year for a "shoot out" at the local sports club, where they shoot the guns a bit, and shoot the bull a lot!  Great fun!  Wish I had seen it!

We met another couple yesterday afternoon as they checked in.  We were walking by, and he, rather gregarious, started chatting, and before you know it , we knew all about them, and got a tour of their RV! It was a small van, which originally had a back seat that converted to a bed that they pulled out and replaced with self made shelves, and a bed on the side.  A wonder of organization, they had no bathroom, but room for a coleman cookstove in the back, and a hanging rack for wine glasses.  What more could you need?  She remarked that she always bakes a half of a cake, and frosts it, and has served many folks in those "big fancy rigs" who use their convection/microwaves for storage!   hmph!

1 comment:

  1. I love that RV and it's colors. The purple Cooper would please me too. So you've now met some cowboys who're shooting off everywhere, huh? Get that camera out, woman! We want to see everything.

    Did you get one of those half-cakes?
    What do they do for after-coffee-morning-comfort?... take a walk into the woods???

    ReplyDelete